- Overview : It's easy for both managers and employees to get frustrated when things go wrong or obstacles get in their way - and frustration sometimes leads to anger. However, anger expressed in the workplace often has negative consequences and may interfere with productivity. Even worse, people who get angry easily rarely get their needs met.
Why you should attend: "Anger Management" has become an increasing concern for today's organizations. Managers and supervisors, as well as HR professionals, often need to deal with employees who express anger in both appropriate and inappropriate ways. Most people feel somewhat uncomfortable when faced with the complex emotion of anger, be it their own or another employees. Yet if anger is not responded to effectively, it can lead to negative outcomes for the angry person and those who are impacted by the words or actions displayed. If an organization does not manage the "angry actor," the consequences could include a demoralized work group, potential hostile workplace environment lawsuits, and even the loss of key talent. In addition, an angry employee is telling us something, and if we don't pay attention, we may miss opportunities for our organizations to grow and learn.
This webinar will educate HR professionals and managers about the underlying causes of anger, and suggest strategies to effectively manage this emotion, both in themselves and in other employees. It will also address how to pay attention to the underlying causes of anger in such a way that organizational outcomes are achieved.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Recognize signs of their own and others' anger
- Understand the negative impact of anger in the workplace
- Utilize strategies for personal anger management
- Effectively deal with angry employees
- Learn invaluable organizational lessons employees' angry behaviors can teach us, and go beyond simple "anger management" techniques to understand the underlying meaning of anger expression and how it can help our organizations grow.
- HR Professionals
- Employee Relations Professionals
- Registration Open
- Call for Papers
- Call for Speakers
- Receive GTM eblast updates
- Security Code:
- Sponsors: TrainHR
- Speakers: Randy Martin
- Attendees: HR Professionals Employee Relations Professionals Managers
- Contact person: Webinars
- Event website: http://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=700152LIVE
- Phone: 800-447-9407