May 29,2012 - May 30,2012
Sutton Place Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Top Business Reasons to Attend:
- Benefit from a hands-on, detailed evaluation of the essential elements of an effective IP license agreement.
- Maximize your profit by comprehending license compensation, royalties and other payment options available.
- Exploit various tools, including indemnities and insurance, for allocating potential liability.
- Gain strategic advantage by capitalizing on termination options, and post-termination consequences and obligations.
- Minimize the regulatory burdens relevant to IP licensing.
- Understand the interaction of insolvency law with IP licensing law to properly protect your organization’s or your client’s interests.
- Appreciate how competition law affects IP licensing.
- Gain an appreciation of the international dimensions of IP licensing and some of the problems and pitfalls that can arise.
- Receive industry-specific IP licensing tips to maximize your benefit from attendance.
10. Put theory into practice by participating in an interactive exercise.
Course Leaders: Sheldon Burshtein, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LPP and Christopher C. Hale Intellectual Property Lawyer
This program can be applied towards 9 of the 12 hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
To register call: 1-877-927-7936, fax: 1-877-927-1563 or email: CustomerService@CanadianInstitute.com
- Registration Open
- Call for Papers
- Call for Speakers
- Receive GTM eblast updates
- Security Code:
- Theme: Practical and Essential Tools to Help You Negotiate and Draft Successful Licensing Deals
- Contact person: Taylor Francis
- Event website: http://www.canadianinstitute.com/iplicense
- Phone: 1-877-927-7936
- Fax: 1-877-927-1563
- Tag: course training workshop forum conference event the canadian institute intensive course in ip license agreements may 29 30 2012 toronto ontario canada sutton place hotel licensing deals deal lawyers legal law rights innovators patent trademark copyright intellectual property registration cross-licenses royalties tax cross/border audit reports records licensor licensee product liability defence insurance application contractor enforce franchising competition renewal clause amendment termination government import export strategies