The CARS congress is the yearly occasion where medicine and technology meet to present and discuss the key innovations that shape modern medicine on a worldwide basis.
Founded in 1985, CARS has played a leading role in medical informatics for more than 25 years by focusing on research and development for computer assisted systems and their applications in radiology and surgery. Its growth and impact is due to CARS’s close collaboration with the ISCAS, EuroPACS, CAR, CAD and CMI societies.
Following the long term successful cooperation, in 2012 all these prestigious scientific communities will jointly hold their annual meetings for the first time in Italy, with the 26th CARS Congress in Pisa.
The Congress will also be part of the Bioengineering Week, which will start in Rome on June 24 and move to Pisa for joining the CARS.
The CARS Congress Organizing Committee invites you to come to Pisa in June 2012, for an extraordinary event in which scientific presentations as well as friendly informal discussions will foster new visions on the future of medicine.
At CARS you will have the opportunity to meet scholars and experts in the fields of radiology, surgery, engineering, informatics and/or healthcare management who have an interest in topics, such as
* image- and model-guided interventions
* advanced medical imaging
* image processing and visualization
* computer aided diagnosis
* medical simulation and eLearning
* surgical navigation and robotics
* model-guided medicine, and
* personalised medicine
New PACS applications, including IT-infrastructures adapted for the operating room as well as related results from the DICOM and IHE working groups are also within the scope of CARS. Clinical specialties represented at CARS include:
* Imaging and Interventional Radiology
* Cardiovascular and Oncologic Imaging and Interventions
* Computed Maxillofacial Imaging
* Computer Assisted Radiation Therapy
* Computer Assisted Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery
* Computer Assisted Head and Neck, and ENT Surgery
* Image Guided Neurosurgery
* Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular and Thoracoabdominal Surgery
- Registration Open
- Call for Papers
- Call for Speakers
- Receive GTM eblast updates
- Security Code:
- Sponsors: CARS Conference Office
- Contact person: CARS Conference Office, Mrs. Franziska Schweikert
- Event website: http://www.cars-int.org
- Phone: +49-7742-922 434
- Fax: +49-7742-922 438