HPSM 2012 follows the success of the previous five conferences in the series, held in Seville (Spain) in 2002; Ancona (Italy) in 2004; Ostend (Belgium) in 2006; the Algarve (Portugal) in 2008 and Tallinn (Estonia) in 2010. The conference addresses issues involving advanced types of structures, particularly those based on new concepts or new materials. Contributions will highlight the latest developments in design, optimization, manufacturing and experimentation in these areas.
The use of novel materials and new structural concepts nowadays is not restricted to highly technical areas like aerospace, aeronautical applications or the automotive industry, but affects all engineering fields including those such as civil engineering and architecture.
Most high performance structures require the development of a generation of new materials, which can more easily resist a range of external stimuli or react in a non-conventional manner.
- Registration Open
- Call for Papers
- Call for Speakers
- Receive GTM eblast updates
- Security Code:
- Theme: Structural Engineering
- Sponsors: WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, International Journal of Computational Methods and Experimental Measurements
- Contact person: Alice Jones
- Event website: http://www.wessex.ac.uk/12-conferences/hpsm-2012.html